Welcome in Walschbronn

The Weckersburg castle and the remarkable sites

All that remains of the castle built in 1490 by Count Simon Wecker of Deux-Ponts-Bitche or by Count Georges Wecker of Deux-Ponts-Bitche and Ochsenstein between 1520 and 1540 are ruins. Abandoned in the 16th century, it gradually fell into disrepair. The stones were reused for several of the village's walls and buildings.

Step up to the east tower (the one with the roof) to enjoy the beautiful views over the village and find out more about its history.

Take the opportunity to take a short break on the site and feel the atmosphere.